History

St Mary's School is a Catholic Primary School catering for boys and girls from New Entrants to Year 8 in composite classrooms.

We have a long proud history, with this school being established on August 12th 1894 at the cost of 942 pounds 15 shillings and two pence.

Our school has a great tradition to live up to and has seen a lot of change over the years. One thing that has not changed however is the high quality Catholic education which continues today after more than 120 years.

The original school was staffed by the Sisters of Mercy. Although they no longer teach at the school, they continue to have a very keen interest in the daily happenings at St Mary's.

Media Gallery

1894
1 media item